Award-winning at the start of imm cologne 2019: Rolf Benz 629 wins ICONIC AWARD: Innovative Interior 2019
13/01/19 / Cologne / Nagold. The Rolf Benz 629 dining range is already one of the successful débutantes of the season. Presented for the first time at the autumn in-house trade fair 2018, the combination of chair and bench seat was awarded the “ICONIC AWARD 2019: Innovative Interior” by the German Design Council. The award will be presented on 13th January 2019 at imm cologne (14th to 20th January) while the accompanying exhibition at the Kölnischer Kunstverein can be seen until 20th January.
The harmonious dining chair furniture was selected by an expert jury consisting of renowned design experts. The range bears the same signature as the – also award-winning – Rolf Benz 562 club chair from 2017: both designs originate from Swiss designer This Weber.
The bench seat and chair have a striking and warm style that offers an alternative to today’s somewhat severe forms. Inspired by midcentury design, the bench seat and chair are absolutely contemporary with their organic shells and splayed legs: dining benches are a big lifestyle topic. The Rolf Benz 629 bench seat is the result of many years of design evolution. Rock solid and stable, the elegant and light dining bench dispenses with a visible frame.
The legs on the chair and bench seat are available in three solid wood versions and two varnished metal versions. The chair is also available as a swivel version. Additionally, you can personalise the covers on the dining furniture. They are available in Uni or in Mix & Match, with the backrest shell in leather and the seat in fabric.
To match these new chairs and bench seat, Rolf Benz is presenting two new dining tables, the Rolf Benz 939 and Rolf Benz 967, thus creating a distinctive product family whose personalities maintain their independence.Product features of Rolf Benz 629:
- Organic dining chair with matching bench seat derived from the form of the multiple award-winning Rolf Benz 562 club armchair
- Chair with four-leg version in metal (with or without swivel function) varnished in RAL 9017 traffic black or RAL 7022 umbra grey, or four-leg version with solid wood (with or without swivel function) in light or dark oak or walnut
- Bench seat in 4 lengths (180, 200, 220 or 240 cm) with metal legs varnished in RAL 9017 traffic black or RAL 7022 umbra grey, or solid wooden legs in light or dark oak or walnut
- Uni cover or with a contrasting backrest Shell
- 2 seat heights: 48 cm or 50 cm
- Made in Germany
- Design: This Weber
Press Office Rolf Benz Germany / international
Rolf Benz AG & Co KG
Haiterbacher Straße 104
Herr Jens Kittel
Fon: +49 (0) 7452 – 601 379
Fax: +49 (0) 7452 – 601 378