New for the 2018 IMM Cologne fair: Rolf Benz 964 – table culture in a new dimension
15.01.2018 / Cologne / Nagold. We all know how all over the world we celebrate and enjoy eating together. And we are well aware that the trend is for living space in global cities to contract. For this new urban lifestyle Rolf Benz is introducing at the IMM Cologne fair an exciting range of tables. The dining table Rolf Benz 964 is filigree and organically rounded. It comes highly recommended as a convivial companion for (and not only) the new generation of Millennials. Design is by Johannes Steinbauer.
The appeal of the new solid wood table lies in the detail. The table top appears to float above the table frame. In fact it is connected to the legs by means of a visible metal craquelure. In stylish contrast to this technological feature, the corners and edges of the table are shaped organically or completely round. The table top and legs are available in oak and walnut; if so desired, the craquelure can be supplied in Umbra grey or Traffic black.
This new range of tables was designed for young lifestyle-conscious lovers of good design by someone who belongs to that generation himself: the industrial designer and master craftsman Johannes Steinbauer has been running his own studio since 2012. He comes from a family with four generations of cabinetmakers, and has been successful in realising his intuitive minimalist style in projects for renowned international design companies. Johannes Steinbauer also created the Rolf Benz 616, a chair that is a perfect match for the Rolf Benz 964 table.Rolf Benz 964 product features:
- Solid wood dining table with metal craquelure
- Matches Rolf Benz 616 chair perfectly
- Dimensions: 200 cm, 220 cm or 240 cm x 98 cm or round with diameter 111 cm or 130 cm, Height: 75 cm
- Material: table top and legs made of solid wood in oak light or dark or walnut with metal craquelure painted in RAL 7022 Umbra grey or RAL 9017 Traffic black (colour of the wood and of the metal craquelure can be combined in any way you like)
- Made in Germany
- Design: Johannes Steinbauer