freistil 156 at the Cologne furniture fair: Asceticism and sensuality – it works!
16.01.2017 / Cologne / Nagold. The highest level of craftsmanship and a minimalist look that is warm and light – we’ve adopted these qualities from Shaker furniture. The freistil designers have translated this creative spirit from the 19th to the 21st century and then created the splendidly carefree 156 dining set.
The expressive power of the massive oak tables and benches lies in the fine material and craftsmanship. The dining set derives its charm from its legs. These are mortised into the table-top from the pierced transverse frames. Natural cracks in the wood are filled in with a black resin to help emphasise the material’s natural beauty.
In doing so, the authentic Shaker style is carefully combined with today’s sensual appetites for cooking and dining. The table and the bench are available in two different models each. The bench can be used with cushions from the freistil 198 collection for enhanced comfort.Product characteristics freistil 156:
- Dining set made of solid oak (H98)
- Consisting of a dining table and benches in two different sizes; seat cushions optional.
• 2 table sizes with the dimensions (Width/Depth/Height):
160/84/76 cm and 90/90/76 cm
• 2 bench sizes with the dimensions (Width/Depth/Height):
160/36/46 cm and 84/36/46 cm
- The cross-frames and legs are mortised into the table top
- The natural cracks and flaws that appear in solid wood are filled in with a black synthetic resin to create a rustic look
- Design: freistil design team
Press Office Rolf Benz Germany / international
Rolf Benz AG & Co KG
Haiterbacher Straße 104
Herr Jens Kittel
Fon: +49 (0) 7452 – 601 379
Fax: +49 (0) 7452 – 601 378